The World’s Largest Firefighter Training Conference and Exhibition, FDIC International (Fire Department Instructors Conference), is where apparatus manufacturers bring their best to show to over 35k firefighters from around the world.
Alexis Fire Equipment Company brought a Spartan Heavy Rescue than built for the Andalusia Fire Protection District in Illinois. The compartments on this rescue are well thought out and many run completely thru. No water pump just like a rescue should be. Take a look at the photos below and the specification sheet for more information.
- Spartan Metro Star LFD 20” raised roof Chassis
- Cummins ISL9, 450-HP Diesel Engine
- Allison 3000 EVS Automatic Transmission
- Six (6) Man Seating with Five (5) SCBA seats
- Heavy Duty 3/16” Aluminum Body with ROM painted Roll Up Doors
- Custom EMS Compartment and Map box, cab
- 28” Front Bumper Extension with Preconnected Extrication tools
- One (1) Reese type rear hitch/winch receiver with electrical connections
- Two (2) Winch points with electrical connections, one (1) each side
- One (1) Warn 10-S Multi-Mount Winch
- Three (3) Triple bottle Air bottle compartments, one (1) left and two (2) right side
- Custom Tool box, Two (2) Vertical Pull out tool boards and Tarp storage area
- Four (4) Upper storage compartments, two (2) each side body roof
- One (1) stainless steel Top Access Ladder, rear mounted
- One (1) Oil Dry Hopper, left side
- One (1) Carefree Mirage Electric Awning, right side
- Four (4) Pike pole tubes, transverse compartment and two (2) brackets, walkway
- David Clark Intercom System
- Four (4) bottle 6000-PSI Cascade System with control panel and fill enclosure
- One (1) Hannay Air hose reel with 200-ft of 3/8” hose, upper right side
- One (1) Norcold built-in Refrigerator, right side
- Federal Q2B mechanical Siren, front bumper
- Audiovox Back-Up Camera system with 7” color monitor and side camera
- Kussmaul on-board Battery charger with Auto Eject shoreline connection
- Whelen Electronic Siren with 200-watt Federal Signal speaker
- One (1) Onan 25,000-watt Generator with 120-volt system and change-over relay
- One (1) Akron Electric Cord reel with 150-ft of 10/3 cord and junction box
- One (1) Night Scan Powerlite Light tower with Four (4) FRC Spectra LED lights
- Whelen LED Scene light Package
- Whelen LED Warning Light Package
- Chevron pattern SceneDots, rear
- 11’ 1” Overall height
- 37’ 7” Overall length
- 237” Wheelbase
- 169.5” Cab to Axle
- 21,500 FAWR
- 27,000 RAWR
- 48,500 GVWR
Strut Apparatus Mounting
Great ideas for mounting struts on your apparatus.
A company called Poly-Tech America® makes mounting solutions for Paratech brand struts. Their patent pending Snap-Lock Strut Mounting System™ has been designed to help organize, install and protect your Paratech struts and accessories. The space saving design optimizes apparatus compartment area.
First Due Fabrication LLC
Check out what First Due Fabrication LLC created to get 8 struts in a compartment that’s really only wide enough for 4. First Due Fabrication LLC double stacked the struts 2 rows deep using polytechamerica mounts. The outer row swing down out of the way allowing access to the inner set.
Below is are Poly-Tech America, LLC strut mounts and polyboxes on Cheshire Connecticut’s Rescue 1.
Lower St Croix Valley Rescue
Checkout the Lower St Croix Valley Rescue!
Lower St Croix Valley Rescue
Spartan Chassis, Stainless Bolted Body, Waterous 1500gpm Midship Pump, Waterous ADVANTUS Foam System, 750-Gallon Water Tank, Front Bumper Extension with Hose Reel, Adjustable Shelving, Pull-Out Compartment Trays, Pull-Out Tool Boards, Slide-In Ladder Storage, Swing-Out and Down Rear Ladder, Roll-Up Hosebed Cover
Below are links to more information about this heavy rescue:
- Production Specification
- Features (Flyer)
- CAD Drawing
First Look: Cincinnati Fire Department Heavy Rescue
First Look at a new Cincinnati Fire Department Heavy Rescue