The Pennsylvania Helicopter Aquatic Rescue Team shared the video below on their Facebook page of useful information on outboard motor.
The Pennsylvania Helicopter Aquatic Rescue Team has a great Standard Operating Guidelines and Training Manual.
HydraFusion Struts used as ram for a dash roll?
The HydraFusion Struts were a game changer when PARATECH released the lifting/stabilizing device a few years back at FDIC. Rescuers can lift up to 10 U.S. Tons (9 metric tons) and to stabilize up to 20,000 lbs. with the tool. However, PARATECH’s HydraFusion Struts are not limited to just those two functions. The HydraFusion Struts can move metal!
I first ran across pictures of HydraFusion Struts used as ram from pictures that Brock Archer (Advanced Extrication) and Randy Schmitz ( Founder/Owner of Schmitz Mittz). Last weekend at Crunchtime Extrication, Paratech had one of their trailers at the training event and I had the chance to try a dash roll with a HydraFusion Strut. Take a look at the video below.
A few quick points:
- You can put the HydraFusion Strut in place to reduce any dash movement during reliefs cuts.
- HydraFusion Strut are portable and can be moved quickly to a vehicle hundreds of feet of the roadway.
- Depending on the length of the HydraFusion Strut used, strut extensions can be used to optimize dash movement.
- Using a HydraFusion Strut as a ram is an option, not always the option.
Hunter/Tree Climber Rescue
Hunting season is right around the corner in most parts of the United States. Have you trained on rescuing a stranded hunter hanging in their harness after a fall?
Tree Climber Rescue
Checkout the two videos below with some great game plans and tips on rescuing someone out of a tree or hanging in a harness after falling out of a hunting blind.
Harness Induced Pathology is a silent killer in High Angle Rope Rescue, it can also be known as Harness hanging syndrome, Suspension Trauma, Suspension Induced Shock, and Etc.
Did you know that your muscle help pump the blood thru your body? The skeletal-muscle pump is a collection of skeletal muscles that aid the heart in the circulation of blood. It is especially important in increasing venous return to the heart, but may also play a role in arterial blood flow.
- Here is a link to a great article called Suspension trauma on the National Center for Biotechnology Information’s website.
- While the post, Best Safety’s Chip Macdonald reviews the CMC / ROCO FreeTech™ Harness is an advertisement/product review. Chip put a great deal of useful information in it worth a read.
Below is a PowerPoint on the effects of falling.